Alex Davey is the Assistant Centre Manager of Arena Business Centre in Poole and has been with Arena since August 2018.
- What did you do before working at Arena?
I worked in retail for a number of years including at Topshop for 4 years and prior to joining Arena I worked for a medical health insurance company.
- What was your first job?
I was a retail assistant for a fashion brand in Beales Poole.
- Tell us something about you
I recently got engaged and am due to get married in September 2022. We are also currently moving house. I love living in the countryside with my partner and the loveliest little dog (Teddy), I really enjoy spending time in the fresh air on walks and am a bit of an old lady where hobbies are concerned. I enjoy cross stitch, baking and gardening. There is something very rewarding about growing your own fruit and veg!
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert at something, what would it be?
Shooting, I’ve been learning to shoot for about 2 years now and there’s always that handful of targets that get away.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I have a sweet tooth so it’s probably that extra slice of cake.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Definitely more of an early bird.
- What is the worst job you ever had?
Probably the medical insurance role as the company was very corporate and I didn’t feel valued as a member of the team, along with the medical industry not being a passion of mine.
- Who influences you the most?
Probably my family, they are always supportive and push me on to the next thing and inspire me to go for various opportunities in life.
- What book are you reading now?
I’m not a big book worm, I’m usually binging a series on Netflix – currently watching The Witcher.
- How do you prefer to start your day?
A cup of tea sat up in bed with some upbeat music
- What is a work-related accomplishment that you’re proud of?
An Arena accomplishment would be developing my role and working my way up from a centre assistant to an assistant centre manager and working alongside our Marketing Director building my skills and knowledge.
- Where would you love to visit or travel to?
I have always wanted to go to Santorini so that’s on the list for my 30th But I have been lucky enough to have travelled a fair bit already.
- Do you prefer to be too cold or too hot?
Too cold would be the obvious choice for me as I’m always cold anyway and in winter I’m usually wrapped up in my cosy dressing gown and slippers with a hot chocolate in hand..
- What is your favourite film?
I’m a sucker for anything Disney so it’s impossible to choose a favourite.
- Who was the last person/band you saw live?
I can honestly say I’ve never been to see a band live but “Battle proms” is a fantastic open-air event held in a beautiful setting with a scenic backdrop of Highclere castle with British anthems set to cannons firing and spitfires flying by, it is such a fantastic atmosphere and I would definitely recommend.
- What is the one thing that surprised you about working at Arena?
That no one day is the same! It is the thing I find a joy and a challenge both at the same time.